Wednesday 13 May 2009

First Post

Well I've set up this blog as somewhere I can write about my experiences when I head across to America... I'll probably not update it much before I head across but keep checking just in case! In case you didn't know, I'm off to Rutgers University, NJ to study for a PhD in Pure Mathematics (Group Theory) in the Fall (did you notice me trying to use the US lingo :-P ) and I've been awarded a Fulbright Scholarship for my first year's study. This means I'm actually going to be heading out to the States on the 14th August when I'll be heading down to Miami for 5 days for an Orientation week (and getting paid to do it ^-^ ) before another Orientation week in Rutgers for International Students. Oh, and I've got an Orientation week with Fulbright in London before I leave the UK!  Hopefully 15 days of Orientation should leave me fairly prepared for the States!

Big exciting news this week - the Fulbright Schoalrs have been invited to dinner at the US Embassy on the 9th July! Should be pretty fun and not something I usually do... :-P

Anyways, more updates later

David

No comments:

Post a Comment